Amazing performance by Molly Sandén – live from the Oscars
Unfortunately, no Oscar was given to the Swedish-written song Husavik at this year’s Oscars gala. The song from the movie “Eurovision Song Contest – the story of Fire Saga” was nominated in the category “Best Original Song”. The voice in the original version belongs to Swedish artist Molly Sandén.
When Molly did not get a work visa to the USA, a performance of the song was recorded in Husavik in Iceland – and it was broadcasted during the Oscars pre-show. Molly sang the song together with a children’s choir and the performance made an impression all over the world – where some liken Molly to Adele, and call her Sweden’s answer to Adele.
Listen and enjoy an incredible performance.
- Seven unique places to stay in Dalarna, Sweden
- Trends, future predictions and expert knowledge – Formex offers a range of digital activities in August
- The long table is awarded in the Monocle Design Awards
- Svenskt Tenn re-launches Josef Frank’s Aurora wallpaper
- Sweden: Unique CO2 impact calculation on consumption indicates 9% decrease during the pandemic
Please share this post