Blossa 21 is inspired by Valencia – a tribute to the sun-ripened orange
Blossa has this year traveled to the Spanish city of Valencia to find inspiration for this year’s taste. The city boasts some of Europe’s most beautiful orange groves, where white flowers contrast beautifully with green leaves and where the sun-ripened oranges light up the treetops. This year’s mulled wine is a tasty fusion of traditional mulled wine spices and the sweetness and freshness of the orange.
Blossa travels annually to new places in the world to find inspiration for this year’s mulled wine. This year the trip goes to a city in eastern Spain, in the middle of the Gulf of Levante – Valencia! As a symbol of wealth and prosperity, the orange has become one of Valencia’s most important cultural treasures. Blossa 21 is handcrafted from a classic white strong wine mulled wine, where an infusion of fresh organic orange peel has been added and flavored with orange blossom.
– Around Valencia there are beautiful fields with orange trees and from here we have bought fresh organic oranges that we have peeled ourselves. The fresh peel is then used to make an orange infusion which forms the base. It is in turn combined with dried orange flowers and dried orange and lemon peel to create a more complex character. The sweet and healthy taste is balanced with a hint of bitterness that finally blends well with Blossa’s traditional mulled wine spices, says Åsa Orsvärn, Chief Blender for Blossa.
The design of the bottle draws inspiration from the color of the fruit and the cork symbolizes the trunk of the orange tree. The illustrations are reminiscent of the decorative hand-painted tiles that adorn the city streets. An art form one in Valencia refers to as Azulejo. The gold-foiled figure “21” is a historical reference to how the Valencian oranges were wrapped in paper stamped with gold motifs to attract consumers. Behind the design is Scandinavian Design Group Norway, which has made its first design for Blossa vintage mulled wine this year.
Three tips from Åsa for a more wonderful Blossa 21 experience:
– Garnish Blossa 21 with an orange slice with peel.
– Flare 21 can also be enjoyed as a refreshing orange dessert. Peel fresh, sweet oranges and slice them thinly. Place on a plate and then pour on Blossa 21. Let them soak for an hour and then serve with a good vanilla ice cream.
– Serve Blossa 21 with a little Spanish salted almonds, preferably Marcona almonds.
Please share this post
- SkiStar and SOK in new collaboration: Creates motion all year round
- New book about Nationalmuseum’s miniature paintings – a world-class collection
- Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair postponed to September 2022 – due to the rise of Covid-19
- 7 tips on peaceful winter activities in Dalarna
- Helsingborg invites the world to a 35-day innovation fest with H22 City Expo