More Swedish design to Hong Kong
The Swedish design-popup concept ART & DESIGN MARKET, which has previously visited Hong Kong on two occasions, has changed its name and is now called SWEDEGOOD. The idea is the same, to provide a marketplace, to mainly small design companies and help them to reach new markets. All without having to invest any money.
Swedegood will represent designers who stand for something good. Sustainability is a mutual priority to most designers involved; it can be about recycling, upcycling, or investing in sustainable production. It can also be about companies that stand for strong values and who think in new, creative ways..
The online webshop, swedegood.com, will initially target the Hong Kong market but will eventually also target other countries. Hong Kong is becoming a test market to see if interest in this type of product exists.
– We want to offer products that are different and unique. We want it to be easy and transparent for the customer as, for example, shipping is always included in the price – never any hidden costs. We want to offer designers an opportunity to reach new markets, and since we do not have a physical store in Hong Kong, products are only shipped across the world if there is a customer, says Christian Bergenstråhle, founder of Swedegood
Who are the designers?
Swedegood represent a variety of designers, one is jewelry designer Frida Hultén, who already has a big customer base in Hong Kong, vanDeurs who previously been part of Business of Design Week in Hong Kong and who design accessories, many times upcycled. So does Stormie Poodle, which manufactures high-quality bathrobes from discarded hotel towels. Poijana Activewear that works with recycled plastic bottles as a material.
Among the companies that work actively with values, we have Tabber Sthlm, sunglasses company with focus on gender equality and human rights.
Who are the designers?
Swedegood is launched in conjunction with Sweden Hong Kong Sustainable Fashion Days, which is organized by the Swedish Chamber of Commerce, the Swedish Consulate General in Hong Kong and the project’s strategic partner HK Design Center.
Because of the release during Sustainable Fashion Days, a 15% discount is given on all purchases done before June 14th. Use the promotion code “SWEDENHK” when you check out and the discount is yours. There is always FREE delivery to all Hong Kong customers.
The Sustainable Fashion Initiative will start on May 26 with two free digital SwedTALKs around sustainable fashion. Read more and book your free tickets here.
- In the midst of the Corona epidemic: more than 700 000 Swedes picking trash
- Miss Li follows up the successes of releasing the singles “Starkare/Stronger”
- Nationalmuseum opens June 16 – exhibitions this summer and autumn
- A different Lights in Alingsås festival in 2020
- Astrid Lindgren’s World finally sees an opening
Please share this article