New Swedish innovation: Now all children can have safe and non-toxic playgrounds
Every year, tens of thousands of children are injured in fall accidents on Swedish playgrounds. A soft and cushioning surface can be the difference between a serious injury and the game continuing. At the same time, many playgrounds need to be made accessible to children with various mobility and orientation challenges, and there is also a growing awareness and stricter requirements for children to be allowed to play in non-toxic environments.
– Safety has long been important in the playgrounds, but so far they have basically had to choose between accessibility and non-toxicity. With the Swedish innovation ECOSAFE², you can meet all requirements and avoid having to choose, says Adolf Hermelin, CEO of TURFSAB, which has developed the new product ECOSAFE2.
ECOSAFE2 is a newly developed product that can be used as a ground cover during play stands and on other parts of playgrounds where children risk falling and injuring themselves. It is available in a variety of colors, is easy to assemble and repair and can be easily reused by being disassembled and set up in a new location. And no hazardous chemicals are used, either in the material or during installation.
– In the development work, we have started from the needs of the customers and the children. We are very proud to be able to offer a product that meets all the requirements in the important areas, says Adolf Hermelin.
During the summer of 2020, the school property owner SISAB will build and evaluate ECOSAFE² at two schools in the Stockholm area.
Read more here
Please share this article
- Team Formex enters Stockholm city centre with exhibits, pop up-shop and an agenda packed with seminars
- Swedish stars in Late Night Concerts
- A new Forest Dry Gin – with a taste of Norrbotten’s forests
- Greta Thunberg film to world première at Venice 2020
- A sports movement for everyone against homo-, bi- and transphobia