Nordiska Kompaniet’s Christmas decoration invites to A Brand New Christmas Story
Finally, it’s time for Nordiska Kompaniet’s annual Christmas decoration, which this time invites you to a magical Christmas world in sparkling musical land. The popular tradition is a big part of Christmas at NK and surprises thousands of visitors every year. This year’s theme is A Brand New Christmas Story and is celebrated through the traditional Christmas decoration Sunday in Stockholm and Gothenburg on November 21 at 10:50.
Ever since 1915, Nordiska Kompaniet has been an obvious destination at Christmas. In this year’s shop window, toys come to life in a sparkling musical divided into six different acts. The musical takes place in the city’s classic and imaginative neighborhoods, where our cities are thanked after a long pandemic and let us experience its environments and Christmas in a new way. Instead of using new toys for the characters in the shop windows, NK started a toy collection after the summer where things that needed a new life were handed in. Reuse has extended the life of the toys, which have now become part of Christmas at NK.
It is not only in the shop windows that this year’s theme is reflected. With magically wrapped packages, Christmas offers, entertaining shopping and live performances for all ages, the department store’s visitors will experience A Brand New Christmas Story even inside the department stores.
With the theme A Brand New Christmas Story, we welcome everyone to an enchanting Christmas world in sparkling musical land to celebrate Christmas in our fantastic shop windows, inside our department stores and in our digital channels. Now that society has finally opened up, we are happy to once again be able to provide opportunities for both trade and inspiration and to be a place where memorable experiences can be created, for all ages. Christmas at NK this year really stands for everything that is magical, nostalgic and rich in new experiences, says Karin Wickberg, marketing manager at Nordiska Kompaniet.
To turn NK’s shop window into a sparkling Christmas musical, the department stores have, for the 11th year in a row, enlisted the help of the designers at JoAnnTan Studio.
– Every year it is an honor to work with NK’s Christmas signage and create a memorable start to Christmas for the department store visitors. In this year’s shop window 2021, winter has spread over Stockholm and Gothenburg, Christmas is on its way. In the cities’ classic neighborhoods, a unique performance takes place in six different acts. We get to experience a wonderful atmosphere in a city where everything can be experienced both in reality and in the imagination, says Cilla Winbladh from JoAnnTan Studio.
Please share this post
- Inclusion makes Löfbergs smarter
- Scientists off to Antarctica to understand the Swedish spring tide
- Bang Universe to create contradictory exhibition at Formex “After Before Party navigates between hope and fear for the future”
- Scanian of the Year Peder Fredricson has his portrait on display at Malmö Airport
- Nordiska Kompaniet’s Christmas decoration invites to A Brand New Christmas Story