Santa Claus is from Sweden
Research now tells us the truth
There have been a lot of rumors that Santa Claus is from Rovaniemi in Finland. But according to research by scientists at the University of Lund, it implies that he is actually from Sweden. Based on the research, it seems to indicate that the most reasonable location for his home is in Lapland, or more specifically, Jokkmokk.
The researchers have used satellite photos to examine migrations. Based on this, they have pinpointed the most logical place for Santa to live, so he can easily deliver gifts all over the world. And this place is Jokkmokk in Northern Sweden.
This research was first published in 2016.
Photo: Anna Öhlund / imagebank.sweden.se
Please share this with your friends
- SkiStar and SOK in new collaboration: Creates motion all year round
- New book about Nationalmuseum’s miniature paintings – a world-class collection
- Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair postponed to September 2022 – due to the rise of Covid-19
- 7 tips on peaceful winter activities in Dalarna
- Helsingborg invites the world to a 35-day innovation fest with H22 City Expo