The Royal Dramatic Theatre shows recorded performances on Dramaten Play
The Royal Dramatic Theatre (Dramaten) welcomes the audience to the digital service Dramaten Play, starting today March 25th. The service will initially include a library of previously recorded Dramatic performances, concerts and other events such as Performance Lecture. The content, which is free of charge, will be replenished continuously and will remain even when the theater opens to the public again.
“It was, to put it mildly, a rather strange start for me on the new job. With scenarios to handle that neither I nor hardly anyone else on earth could foresee just a few weeks ago. Exactly everything I like about theater is about the collective meeting with the audience in the stage room. But with that said, I am still very happy that we in the quarantine had the opportunity to gas up with our Play service and can now offer a number of high-quality performances to experience from home, “says Dramaten’s newly-appointed theater manager and artistic director Mattias Andersson .
The following productions will be available on Dramaten Play
- First Aid Kit interprets Cohen, from 2017.
- Idioten by Fjodor Dostojevskij, directed by Mattias Andersson, from 2016.
- Liv Strömquist Tänker på dig!, by Liv Strömquist, directed by Ada Berger, Unga Dramaten, from 2014.
- Markisinnan de Sade by Yukio Mishima, directed by Ingmar Bergman, from 1992
- Mormors svarta ögon (Grandma’s black eyes) by and with Tanja Lorentzon, directed by Lotta Telje, from 2010.
- Och ge oss skuggorna (And give us the shadows) by Lars Norén, directed by Björn Melander, from 1991
- Performance Lecture: Om lycka (About happiness) with Micael Dahlen, directed by Jenny Andreasson, Dramaten & in collaboration with the Nobel Prize Museum, from 2019
- Performance Lecture: Om rädsla (About Fear) with Armita Golkar, directed by Alexander Mørk-Eidem, Dramaten & collaboration with the Nobel Prize Museum, from 2018.
- Scener ur ett äktenskap (Scenes from a marriage) by Ingmar Bergman, directed by Stefan Larsson, from 2009.
- Spöksonaten (The ghost sonata) by August Strindberg, directed by Mats Ek, from 2012.
- Sufflören by and with Andreas T. Olsson, director / friend in the salon Gösta Ekman, from 2013
- Utvandrarna (The emigrants) by Vilhelm Moberg, dramatization Irena Kraus, directed by Mats Ek, from 2014.
Tanja Lorentzon in Mormors svarta ögon (Grandma’s black eyes). Photo: Roger Stenberg
Please share this article