Wonderland is praised as Europe’s best new attraction in 2020 and 2021
Liseberg’s new ride Wonderland, which finally opened this summer, was awarded this week as the best new attraction in Europe in 2020 and 2021. The prize, European Star Awards, is awarded by the independent industry magazine Kirmes Park Revue and is one of the amusement park industry’s most prestigious awards.
On June 3, in connection with Liseberg’s summer premiere, the new ride Wonderland finally got a chance to open for its first guests. This meant that a project with actors all over the world, which began as early as 2018, could finally be completed. The Wonderland is now being praised as the best new attraction in all of Europe, which will be completed in 2020 and 2021.
– This is a great compliment to the large internal and external project team, which has developed the attraction, says Andreas Andersen, CEO of Liseberg. It was not an easy project to complete during the pandemic, but they succeeded beyond all expectations.
The attraction is a so-called “dark ride”; a themed indoor attraction. In a carriage on rails, visitors are taken around the Liseberg rabbits’ exciting world underground, which is enhanced by animations, sounds and lights, mechanical figures and special effects. During the summer season, 125,000 guests have gone to Wonderland and Liseberg hopes that there can be many more.
– I think it is a real future classic we have built! So far, we have received very good reactions from the guests who went, says Andreas Andersen.
And it was not just Wonderland that received the award. In the category Europe’s best major amusement parks, Liseberg took home a fifth place and the attractions Helix, Balder and Mechanica also end up in the top 5 of the best attractions in their category.
- Stockholm Arlanda named Eco-Innovation Airport of the Year
- Everything under the sky
- Camp Järvsö, for an active experience in a beautiful environment
- Ultra convenient, trendy, green and healthy – the new Greenfood Insights – the latest on the convenience food of the future
- Crowdfunded musical about Sweden’s richest man becomes reality
Please share this post